Hospital IV Compounding Pharmacy Technician
- Location: Toledo, OH
- Category: Pharmacy - Pharmacy Technician - IV Certified
Hospital Pharmacy Technician
Under the supervision of the Director or the staff pharmacist, the certified technician will assist the pharmacist in the preparation and rational distribution of pharmaceutical agents to patients of all ages, employees, and designated areas of the hospital in accordance with the pharmacy laws of the State and the policy and procedures of the department of Pharmacy. Physician orders and patient medication profiles are reviewed, processed, and checked by a registered pharmacist ensuring the accuracy of the transaction.
- Reviews and interprets physician medication orders ensuring appropriate therapy.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of the policies and procedures of the department.
- Adheres to and participates in the quality improvement program of the department.
- Always adheres to the distribution policies of the department.
- Consistently demonstrates an ability to keep up with patient workload.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of all policies and procedures concerning the responsibilities of a pharmacy technician.
- Demonstrates a good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrates a good rapport and cooperative working relationship with others.
- Ensures that the production and distribution of IV solutions and other sterile products including parenteral nutrition products, injectable chemotherapy, antibiotics and other medications for intravenous therapy, are in accordance with departmental policies and procedure.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of the State and Federal laws governing the handling and dispensing of controlled substances. Adheres to the controlled substance distribution policies of the department.
- Promotes positive Customer service with internal and external customers.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
Graduation from High School or equivalent required
Successful completion of an academic course in pharmacy technology preferred
National Certification in Pharmacy Technology required.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: Minimum 2 years’ experience as a pharmacy technician. Completion of an academic course work can be substituted for experience on an individual case basis.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES: Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Individuals must have competency in sterile technique and IV admixture.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must have a current State Pharmacy Technician License.
- Able to work under direct supervision of a pharmacist in providing service to patients
- Able to communicate with other health care professionals, and the public in a polite and appropriate manner
- Must have proper aseptic technique experience in accurate, efficient and timely preparation of parenteral products.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience with computer systems and data entry
For confidential inquiries, email your resume to; Linda Haubach at email@example.com or call 847- 588-7486.All resumes and inquiries will be kept strictly confidential. View our website at www.rphonthego.com to learn more about
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled