Hospital Pharmacy Technician / With IV Compounding Skills
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Category: Pharmacy - Pharmacy Technician - IV Certified
Hospital Pharmacy Technician / IV
This job is responsible for routinely compounding and distributing medication and pharmaceutical supplies in both IV admixture and retail pharmacy distribution areas, in accordance with facility standards and procedures and regulatory requirements. Work is performed under the direct supervision of a pharmacist.
Accurately perform pharmaceutical calculations and prepare intravenous admixtures and any other tasks as required that relate to the dispensing of infusion therapy or as assigned. Interact with professional staff and public on a daily basis. Perform certain routine and repetitive functions and engage in sterile and non-sterile preparation and packaging of medications and other pharmacy related functions, under direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist. Maintain inventory control of pharmaceuticals including Pyxis refilling. Assist in training and orientation of pharmacy technicians, interns and pharmacists and be responsible for other duties as assigned. Perform order entry of prescriptions into the outpatient pharmacy computer and assist in filling of new prescriptions or refills including cashiering.
- One year of hospital IV experience required.
- Must have a current State Pharmacy Technician License.
- Able to work under direct supervision of a pharmacist in providing service to patients
- Able to communicate with other health care professionals, and the public in a polite and appropriate manner
- Must have proper aseptic technique experience in accurate, efficient and timely preparation of parenteral products.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience with computer systems and data entry
- Able to work independently in a creative and assertive manner
- Able to maintain patient confidentiality
- Able to perform basic pharmaceutical calculations
- Able to perform Pharmacy Technician functions including preparation, packaging and labeling of medication in an accurate and efficient manner.
For confidential inquiries, email your resume to;
Linda Haubach at email@example.com or call 847- 588-7486.All resumes and inquiries will be kept strictly confidential. View our website at www.rphonthego.com to learn more about
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled