Floater Staff Pharmacist - North Country New York
As a Retail Floater Pharmacist, your role will encompass overseeing the operations of the pharmacy department, ensuring the accuracy of dispensed prescriptions, managing third-party claims, and maintaining inventory control. Additionally, you will play a crucial part in providing excellent customer service to patients.
The ability to manage pharmacy technicians and perform tasks related to stock management, medication therapy management, and immunization management is also part of your responsibilities.
Location: North Country New York (GOV, Canton, Potsdam, Malone, Massena)
Shift: Floater role, with an expected workload of 30-40 hours weekly
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Oversees the operations of the Pharmacy department
- Relies on experience and professional judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals
- Performs all quality assurance steps to ensure that technically accurate prescriptions are dispensed
- Oversees the initial submission, resubmission, and collection of all third-party claims
- Manages and balances the pharmacy inventory to maximize inventory turns
- Provides outstanding customer service
- Manages pharmacy technicians
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ensures prescription accuracy
- Manages stock and performs Medication Therapy Management (MT) and Immunization Management and Medication Review (IMMR)
- 1+ years of Retail pharmacy experience
- A clear and active license in the state of New York (NY)
To qualify for this position, you should have prior experience in a retail pharmacy setting, and you must hold a clear and active pharmacy license in the state of New York (NY). This position offers flexibility in terms of the specific locations and hours worked, making it suitable for a floater pharmacist who can cover multiple sites within the North Country region.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to Jojo Baker at (813)-358-5748 or [email protected].
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled