Since RPh on the Go has long-standing relationships with U.S. government agencies, we can place you in federal pharmacy jobs with VA hospitals, federal prisons, military installations, and Indian Health Services facilities. Federal facilities accept any valid state pharmacist license, meaning you do not need a license from the state where you will work. Many assignments include your choice of job and location, lodging, air transportation, car, per diem stipend, and mileage reimbursement.
Government & Federal Pharmacist Jobs
When you work a government pharmacy job you are considered a government employee. Government pharmacy opportunities can be for local, state, or federal agencies and include many settings - from municipal health clinics to U.S. Public Health Services and everything in between.
Government & Federal Pharmacist Job Description
Since there is a large spectrum of the different settings you can work in as a government pharmacist, there is a wide scope of responsibilities required. Generally speaking, pharmacists working in the government can expect to complete a variety of duties including:
- Providing care to patients
- Dispensing medications
- Supervising pharmacy technicians
- Adhering to local, state, and federal regulations
- Compounding medications
- Regulating inventory
Government & Federal Pharmacy Technician Jobs
Pharmacy technician government jobs are an excellent way of broadening your career skills while enjoying the benefits of a government job. These benefits can include increased work flexibility, daily living stipends, and a competitive salary.
Government & Federal Pharmacy Technician Job Description
Pharmacy technicians working in a government setting can expect to perform a broad scope of tasks including:
- Filling prescriptions
- Delivering quality customer service
- Labeling medications
- Ensuring the accuracy of patient information
- Performing inventory audits
- Processing insurances
If you are interested in working a federal or government pharmacy job and want to take a break from the ordinary, then RPh on the Go has the career solution for you. Browse our federal pharmacy jobs below!Read Less
Pharmacy Technician / IV Compounding
Detroit , MI
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Pharmacy Technician / IV Compounding
RPh on the Go has an opening for a Home infusion IV Compounding Technician.
This job is responsible for routinely compounding and distributing medication and pharmaceutical supplies, in both IV admixture and retail pharmacy distribution areas; in accordance with facility standards and procedures and regulatory requirements. Work is performed under the direct supervision of a pharmacist.
Accurately perform pharmaceutical calculations and prepare intravenous admixtures and any other tasks as required, that relate to the dispensing of infusion therapy or as assigned. You will interact with professional staff and public on a daily basis.
You will perform certain routine and repetitive functions and engage in sterile and non-sterile preparation and packaging of medications and other pharmacy related functions. You will be under direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist. Maintain inventory control of pharmaceuticals including Pyxis refilling. Assist in training and orientation of pharmacy technicians, interns and pharmacists and be responsible for other duties as assigned. Perform order entry of prescriptions into the outpatient pharmacy computer and assist in filling of new prescriptions or refills including cashiering.
- One year of hospital IV experience required.
- Must have a current State Pharmacy Technician License.
- Able to work under direct supervision of a pharmacist in providing service to patients
- Able to communicate with other health care professionals, and the public in a polite and appropriate manner
- Must have proper aseptic technique experience in accurate, efficient and timely preparation of parenteral products.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience with computer systems and data entry
- Able to work independently in a creative and assertive manner
- Able to maintain patient confidentiality
- Able to perform basic pharmaceutical calculations
- Able to perform Pharmacy Technician functions including preparation, packaging and labeling of medication in an accurate and efficient manner.
If you are interested, please contact Linda Haubach at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 847- 588-7486.
All resumes and inquiries will be kept strictly confidential. View our website at www.rphonthego.com to learn more about our company.