As a result, there is a growing demand for qualified and experienced home infusion pharmacists. Through our years of experience, RPh on the Go has created relationships with pharmacy facilities across the country that are looking to hire talented home infusion pharmacy professionals. This translates to a diverse array of opportunities available across the country.
Home Infusion Pharmacist Jobs
The services provided by home infusion pharmacists are extremely important to patients with serious illnesses that cannot be treated through the use of oral medication. Since this method of treatment is essential for the well-being of certain individuals, a certified pharmacy professional must be present when providing intravenous drug therapy. The growing need for infusion therapy is why there is an increased demand for home infusion pharmacists.
Home Infusion Pharmacist Job Description
Traditional pharmacists and home infusion pharmacists have some similarities in job responsibilities, but several key differences come with providing infusion therapy. Home infusion pharmacists deliver expert care in at-home settings, dispensing medication, managing nutrition, operating infusion pumps and supplies, and performing infusion therapy management.
Home Infusion Pharmacy Technician Jobs
Home infusion pharmacy technicians can play a vital role in administering infusion at-home therapy services. RPh on the Go is constantly adding opportunities for home infusion pharmacy techs. Whether it is your first time working in the home fusion setting or you are a seasoned veteran, we are here to help.
Home Infusion Pharmacy Technician Job Description
The job responsibilities of a home infusion pharmacy technician can include but are not limited to:
- Providing quality customer service to patients
- Preparing infusion medications
- Administering or assisting in the administration of infusion therapy
- Specialized in intravenous or subcutaneous treatment
- Maintaining pharmacy inventory of supplies and medication
To explore exciting careers in this growing field, browse our home infusion pharmacy jobs below!Read Less
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Inpatient Hospital Pharmacy Technician- Aurora, CO
RPh on the go, is proud to partner with a community hospital that has been in the healthcare setting and known for their quality care for patients. Are you an inpatient experience pharmacy technician that can provide quality service and make a difference? Contact at Yvette.Sonera@rphonthego.com
· Processing orders for the preparation, filling, and refilling of narcotic and nonnarcotic medications for employee/take home prescriptions, inpatients, floor stock, offsite facilities, or case carts according to applicable policy and procedure guidelines
· Distributing and refilling medications (narcotic and non-narcotic) in the Pyxis Med stations
· Maintaining quality of drugs by continuously monitoring expiration dates
· Employing established policies, procedures and standards for aseptic technique and handling sterile products
· Maintaining appropriate quality control log documentation and participating in quality control activities
· Maintaining adequate inventory, including, but not limited to, stocking shelves, procuring inventory, unit dose repackaging, and assuring appropriate levels of stock
· Maintaining computerized patient profile records with additions, deletions, or changes under the supervision of the pharmacist. This includes sorting, assessing and prioritizing communications and orders for the pharmacist with the assistance of any established triage protocol and entering orders
· Maintaining an orderly, neat and sterile work area, including the following of appropriate policies and procedures when handling hazardous substances
· Maintaining work logs in the appropriate area related to the activities of narcotic and drug preparation, maintenance of equipment, repackaging and status of work completed
· Assist Pharmacists in performing monthly inspections of medication storage in the patient care areas
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Experience as an inpatient pharmacy technician
Colorado State Pharmacy Technician License
Able to work Full time
Hours: various shifts are available maybe 7am-3pm or 3pm-11pm or 11pm-7am
Duration: 13 Weeks
Industry: Hospital Healthcare
*Contract, Full time*