Hospital Pharmacist - Full-Time - Rotating Weekends - Syracuse, NY
- Alternating days/evenings with every other weekend required.
- Week 1: Day shift (7:00 am - 3:30 pm).
- Week 2: Evening shift (1:00 pm - 9:00 pm).
- Two travelers will be assigned to the Community Hospital location.
- Four travelers will be assigned to the University Hospital location.
- B.S. in Pharmacy or Pharm D., NYS licensed.
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience is desirable.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Successful completion of pre-employment health clearance.
Duties: The responsibilities for this role include:
- Interpreting medication orders and prescriptions to ensure completeness, safety, rationality, and compliance with institutional policy.
- Preparation and dispensing of medications for inpatient and ambulatory care, including the preparation of injectable sterile products.
- Dispensing pharmacy-related items and performing duties in all areas of the pharmacy, such as inpatient, ambulatory care, and satellites.
- Providing information to healthcare practitioners to encourage the rational use of medications.
- Offering drug monitoring services and maintaining pharmacy records according to laws and institutional policies.
- Interpreting policies and procedures for hospital staff and participating in teaching programs for staff.
- Engaging in the Pharmacy Department's Quality Assurance Programs.
The ideal candidate will be capable of performing the majority of patient care functions required in an acute care setting with minimal orientation and supervision.
This position offers an opportunity for pharmacists with strong hospital experience to contribute to both Community Hospital and University Hospital settings in an alternating schedule. Candidates will be responsible for various critical pharmacy duties as outlined above.
How to Apply: If you meet the qualifications and are interested in this hospital pharmacist role, please submit your resume and relevant qualifications to [email protected].
Join our team and contribute your expertise to the diverse and critical pharmacy operations at our hospitals. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled