Hospital Pharmacy Technician / With IV Compounding Skills
Home Infusion Pharmacy Technician / IV Compounding 13 weeks
40 hours a week
Monday - Friday
9:00am - 5:00pm
This job is responsible for routinely compounding and distributing medication and pharmaceutical supplies in both IV admixture and retail pharmacy distribution areas, in accordance with facility standards and procedures and regulatory requirements. Work is performed under the direct supervision of a pharmacist.
Accurately perform pharmaceutical calculations and prepare intravenous admixtures and any other tasks as required that relate to the dispensing of infusion therapy or as assigned.
- One year of hospital IV experience required.
- Must have a current State Pharmacy Technician License.
- Able to work under direct supervision of a pharmacist in providing service to patients
- Able to communicate with other health care professionals, and the public in a polite and appropriate manner
- Must have proper aseptic technique experience in accurate, efficient and timely preparation of parenteral products.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience with computer systems and data entry
- Able to work independently in a creative and assertive manner
- Able to maintain patient confidentiality
- Able to perform basic pharmaceutical calculations
- Able to perform Pharmacy Technician functions including preparation, packaging and labeling of medication in an accurate and efficient manner.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled