Hospital Staff Pharmacist Days Field Hospital
Day Shift Pharmacist Hospital Field Hospital
Coverage Hours needed: Pharmacist shifts 5:30 am – 1:30 pm, 10 am – 6 pm
- Hours Monday – Friday
- Time 5:30AM – 6:00PM
- Job responsibilities:
- Evaluate physician drug orders for appropriateness about patient condition, organ function, disease state, and concomitant therapies to promote optimal patient outcomes.
- Process physician orders including, but not limited to, order entry into dispensing computer system, appropriate product selection, compounding, labeling, and repacking with completion of record keeping (delegating product preparation activities to pharmacy technicians when appropriate)
- Consult and provide information and guidance to various medical, nursing, and other health care professionals concerning drugs and appropriate use.
- Perform patient medication counseling.
- Ensure medications are available to patients to avoid delays in therapy.
- May have on-call responsibility outside of regular worked hours.
- Assist in assuring drugs are appropriately billed to various areas or patients.
- Assist in ensuring pharmacy inventory is maintained.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Hospital is doing a Pyxis Upgrade this year that is projected to be ~6 months that includes a complete system build of the new units and pharmacy labor support.
- Staffing support as part of COVID-19 contingency planning and the need to maintain services in the event the pharmacy department becomes impacted and short staffed
For confidential inquiries, email your resume to:
Linda Haubach at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 847- 588-7486.
All resumes and inquiries will be kept strictly confidential. View our website at www.rphonthgo.com to learn more about our company
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled