Inpatient/Outpatient Pharmacist - Nome. AK
RPh on the go is searching for a Travel Inpatient Staff Pharmacist to work in Nome, Alaska.
- order verification
- sterile compounding and verification
- clinic inspections
- work at different pharmacies throughout hospital
- ?Work is conducted in a standard clinical environment to include exposure to latex, biohazard or other harmful substances.
- Share responsibility for all clinical pharmacy services provided by the pharmacy, to include, but not limited to,
- Acute Care Pharmacy: order verification; monitor drug therapies and patient labs, sterile product compounding and oversight, provide drug information to nurses and physicians, counsel patients on their discharge medications, renal dose adjustments based on protocol
- Primary Care Pharmacy: provide drug information to nurses and physicians in the primary care center, proactive chart reviews, pharmacist refill authorization per protocol, anticoagulation services, adult and pediatric vaccinations
- Quyanna Care Center (Long Term Care): chart reviews, medication consultations, prescription preparations and medisets.
- Outpatient Pharmacy: prescription entry, fill and verification; patient counseling; adult and pediatric vaccinations
- Village Health Services: prescription entry, Pickpoint optimization and expiration, village clinic inspections, community health aide support.
- Share an equal responsibility for drug therapy outcomes by working closely with physicians on medication selection and usage
- Participate in the formulary review process, monitor drug usage and cost effectiveness, and adhere to current practice standards
- Share preceptor responsibility for pharmacy students, provide staff education, and serve on P&T and other committees when appropriate
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- active and clean pharmacist license in any state
- inpatient experience
2 year(s) Preferred or 1 year of post graduate residency working as a Pharmacist or pharmacist intern, preferably in a hospital setting
Moderate travel is required (between 25% and 50% of the time)
Apply today by submitting your resume to [email protected] or call 773-628-0099
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled