Inpatient/Outpatient Travel Pharmacist- Nome, Alaska
RPh on the go is actively seeking a Travel Inpatient/Outpatient Pharmacist in the Nome, Alaska area.
- Order verification
- Sterile compounding and verification
- Clinic inspections
- Work at different pharmacies throughout hospital
- Work is conducted in a standard clinical environment to include exposure to latex, biohazard or other harmful substances.
- Share responsibility for all clinical pharmacy services provided by the pharmacy, to include, but not limited to,
- Acute Care Pharmacy: order verification; monitor drug therapies and patient labs, sterile product compounding and oversight, provide drug information to nurses and physicians, counsel patients on their discharge medications, renal dose adjustments based on protocol
- Primary Care Pharmacy: provide drug information to nurses and physicians in the primary care center, proactive chart reviews, pharmacist refill authorization per protocol, anticoagulation services, adult and pediatric vaccinations
- Quyanna Care Center (Long Term Care): chart reviews, medication consultations, prescription preparations and medisets.
- Outpatient Pharmacy: prescription entry, fill and verification; patient counseling; adult and pediatric vaccinations
- Village Health Services: prescription entry, Pickpoint optimization and expiration, village clinic inspections, community health aide support.
- Share an equal responsibility for drug therapy outcomes by working closely with physicians on medication selection and usage
- Participate in the formulary review process, monitor drug usage and cost effectiveness, and adhere to current practice standards
- Share preceptor responsibility for pharmacy students, provide staff education, and serve on P&T and other committees when appropriate
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Active and clear pharmacist license in any state
- Inpatient experience
2 year(s) Preferred or 1 year of post graduate residencyworking as a Pharmacist or pharmacist intern, preferably in a hospital setting
Moderate travel is required (between 25% and 50% of the time)
Please send an updated resume to madison.ne[email protected] or apply today for immediate consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled