LTC Pharmacist (Overnight)
RPh on the Go is working with a client to fill a Pharmacist position in Indianapolis, IN. This is a full time long term contract at a Long Term Care facility.
- 7 on 7 off schedule
- Evaluates physician medication orders for appropriateness of drug, dosage, potential interactions, and route of administration. Makes recommendations for therapy changes to the physician and facility staff as appropriate.
- Maintains patient/resident database to include appropriate current and past medical history, appropriate clinical and laboratory data, and concurrent medication (including over the counter and home remedies).
- Ensures that appropriate laboratory tests for monitoring certain high-risk conditions are ordered, evaluated and discussed with appropriate members of the healthcare team.
- Collaborates with the healthcare team to provide clinical and technical support as needed.
- Documents all communication with physicians, nurses, other members of the healthcare team and patients/residents and their family members in the medical record.
- Implements policies and procedures for the safe procurement, storage, distribution and use of drugs and biologicals, as well as disposal of drugs.
- Obtains, as necessary, and maintains all required documentation in accordance with federal and state regulatory agencies and policy.
- Informs the Pharmacy Manager of medication related errors.
- Assists facility/agency staff personnel with procedures relating to safe and effective methods of procuring, maintaining administering and disposing of drugs.
- LTC or hospital experience preferred, willing to consider retail experienced Pharmacists
- IN License
Start a conversation with me regarding this position's details and it's pay. I look forward to working with you!
Contact: Jose Escalante
Phone Number: 773-570-6951
Email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled