Mail Order Staff Pharmacist
RPh on the go is looking for a Staff Pharmacist to with in a specialty/mail order setting in Ontario, Ca. This is a temporary to permanent position of 13 weeks or longer. This staff pharmacist will be legible for full benefits and completive weekly pay!
- Supervise all Technicians, Students, and Staff.
- Fill prescriptions, verifying instructions from prescribing practitioners on the proper amounts of medication to dispense to patients.
- Conduct drug clinical screening to ensure that prescription(s) will not interact negatively with other drugs including non-prescription medications that a patient is taking or health conditions the patient is being treated for.
- Counsel patients on how and when to take a prescribed medicine and any potential side effects they may experience from taking the medicine.
- Participates in annual pharmacy budget projections.
- Responsible and accountable for operational budgets ensuring that the operation of department is within budget guidelines and providing explanation of significant variances.
- Ensure that billing documents and inventory control records are completed and accurate.
- Facilitate new business and oversee timely and accurate delivery of services to clients.
- CA State Pharmacist license (current, active with no negative history)
- Preferred: Has one year of experience working in a retail (ambulatory) pharmacy setting.
- Preferred: Two years of experience working in a retail (ambulatory) pharmacy setting.
- Must be detailed oriented, able to multi-task and possess good people skills.
- Must possess both written and verbal communication skills in order to interact with patients and clinic staff.
- Analytical skills.
- Pharmacists must provide safe medications efficiently. Pharmacists must provide safe medications efficiently. To accomplish this task the pharmacist shall evaluate a customer’s needs, evaluate the prescriber’s orders, and have extensive knowledge about the effects and appropriate circumstances for giving out a specific medication.
- Communication skills.
- Pharmacists frequently offer advice and counseling to customers. They might need to explain how to take a medicine, for example, and what its side effects are, because improper use medication can pose serious health risks. They also need to offer clear direction to pharmacy technicians and interns.
- Detail oriented.
- Managerial skills.
- Comply with state & federal laws and regulations.
- Operate in a manner consistent with professional, ethical, and legal standards of proper pharmacy practice.
Please apply directly or send resume to [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled