Whether you work in a retail, hospital, or federal setting, you hold a position of respect and responsibility. At RPh on the Go, we appreciate the significance of your position and we understand your worth. Search our pharmacist job openings now—from travel to per diem to permanent pharmacist positions—and let us help you find an opportunity where you are well respected and rewarded.
Not only do pharmacists prepare prescriptions, but they also review the accuracy of prescriptions, advise patients on their health, oversee the work of pharmacy techs, keep records, administer the flu shot and so much more. To qualify for a job as a pharmacist, you must have a bachelor’s degree in a related field and a Doctor of Pharmacy degree. Also, pharmacists must have proper licensing.
Pharmacist Job Description
As a pharmacist, you prepare and review the accuracy of prescriptions for your patients, ensuring they meet physician orders and are compatible with other patient therapies. You also compound, package and label medications, as well as provide pharmacological counseling, answer questions and advise patients.
From an operational perspective, you may be responsible for supervising the work of your support staff, including managing technician workflow, and verifying medication preparation and labeling. Additionally, you may encourage the ongoing development of your staff’s pharmacological knowledge by participating and encouraging their participation in clinical programs and training.
You must ensure your pharmacy remains compliant with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration. To this end, you must ensure your registration is current, understand the existing and new legislation and advise management on needed actions.
Additionally, you are responsible for overseeing a safe and clean work environment, maintaining controlled substance records, adhering to infection-control protocols, and removing expired and damaged pharmaceuticals from the inventory.
Pharmacist Job Requirements
To secure a pharmacist job, you must have:
- A graduate degree from an accredited pharmacy college recognized by the American Council of Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE)
- Completed an emergency contraception training course approved by the American Council of Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE), curriculum-based programs from an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy, applicable state or local health department programs, or programs recognized by the board of pharmacy
- A valid state pharmacist license (or must meet education requirement(s) for state licensure)
- A current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification
Pharmacist Job Outlook & Salary
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the employment of pharmacists may decline slightly through 2029. Annual wages for pharmacists are significantly higher than many other professions and vary greatly depending on the job location as well as setting.Read Less
Southern Arizona IHS Outpatient Pharmacist
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Southern Arizona IHS Outpatient Pharmacist
RPH on the Go is actively seeking a Staff Pharmacist for an outpatient IHS pharmacy in Southern Arizona. please see below for full job details and requirements. If you are interested in this position, please submit your most up to date resume below, or for immediate consideration send an updated resume to [email protected]
- Full time
- 40 hours/week
- 4 days a week - 10 hr. shifts
- Help provide in-service training for pharmacy personnel or other clinic personnel
- Dispensing prescriptions and counseling patients
- Review medical charts per OBRA requirements
- Oversee the clinic medication formulary
- Arizona Pharmacist license.
Weekly pay with benefits!
For immediate job consideration please email an updated resume to Chris Williamson: [email protected] or call directly 813-749-5197