Pharmacist needed ALASKA Nome
RPh on the go has a travel position in NOME, ALASKA for an inpatient pharmacist needed to make round at the local hospital, and the surrounding area. Housing, and food is included. This is a Temp to Perm position for the right candidate. This is not vacation job, or for the faint of heart. We are seeking serious candidates with experience in cold weather, a love for the true outdoors.
- Serves patients by preparing medications, giving pharmacological information to multidisciplinary health care team, and monitoring patient drug therapies.
- Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders and detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
- Dispenses medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
- Controls medications by monitoring drug therapies; advising interventions.
- Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians’ workflow, verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals, and verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals and counseling patients on drug therapies.
- Develops hospital staff’s pharmacological knowledge by participating in clinical programs and training pharmacy staff, students, interns, externs, residents, and health care professionals.
- Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration by monitoring nursing unit inspection.
- Maintains records for controlled substances and removes outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory.
- Supervises the work results of support personnel.
- Active License (Alaska License Not required)
- Must have inpatient experience
- Able to travel while in the state of Alaska (25%- 50%)
For consideration, please email your resume to [email protected] or call 813-774-5087
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled