Pharmacy Technician - Auburn, GA
We are currently in search of a motivated Pharmacy Technician to join our Auburn, GA team. This position offers a temporary-to-permanent opportunity spanning at least 13 weeks. In this capacity, you will assume a pivotal role encompassing medication dispensing, prescription processing, inventory management, and delivering exemplary customer service. You will also play a crucial role in insurance processing and undertake various retail responsibilities.
As a Pharmacy Technician in this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Precisely and efficiently prepare and dispense medications following established protocols and safety measures.
- Verify prescription details to ensure the accurate medication and dosage are provided to patients.
- Receive, review, and process prescription orders from healthcare providers.
- Validate prescription information for accuracy and completeness.
- Monitor and uphold pharmacy inventory levels to guarantee an ample supply of medications.
- Manage stock rotation and remove expired or unusable items.
- Provide exceptional customer service to patients, addressing inquiries and concerns with professionalism and empathy.
- Assist customers in locating products and offer guidance on over-the-counter medications.
Working with Insurance Processing:
- Collaborate with insurance companies to process prescription claims and secure timely reimbursements.
- Verify patient insurance information and aid in resolving any billing issues.
Additional Retail Duties:
- Execute various retail responsibilities as needed, including operating the cash register, processing payments, and maintaining a clean and organized sales area.
- Contribute to merchandising efforts and restock shelves with pharmacy and healthcare products.
To be considered for this position, candidates must meet the following prerequisites:
GA Pharmacy Technician License: You must possess an active and clear Pharmacy Technician license in the state of Georgia.
Retail Experience: Previous experience working in a retail pharmacy setting is essential.
Reliable Transportation: The ability to commute to our facility in Suwanee, GA is required.
Customer Service Skills: Strong customer service skills are essential to ensure excellent patient interactions.
- Monday to Friday: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Saturday: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Weekly hours: 32-40 hours
To apply, please submit your resume and a brief cover letter outlining your relevant experience and qualifications to [email protected]. We eagerly anticipate welcoming a dedicated and dependable team member to our pharmacy.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled