You provide quality service to the patients who need you most, working with their doctors and insurance companies to ensure they receive the medication they need. RPh on the Go’s selection of retail pharmacy jobs offers you many options – helping you find the right fit for your career needs.
What is Retail Pharmacy?
A retail pharmacy is simply a pharmacy that provides medications to the general public. Patients and their families can pick up prescribed medications, over-the-counter drugs, and sometimes other miscellaneous household items at a retail pharmacy. A pharmacy within a hospital or long term care facility are not considered retail.
Retail Pharmacy Job Types: Technicians & Pharmacists
In a retail pharmacy setting, there are two roles, pharmacy technicians and pharmacists. Retail pharmacy technician and pharmacist jobs at RPh on the Go require certain responsibilities. You are trusted to perform a wide range of duties, all revolving around patient safety and satisfaction.
Retail Pharmacy Technician Job Description
Retail pharmacy technician’s tasks vary greatly depending on the pharmacy. In general, your job is to assist the pharmacist and to work with patients on their needs. Other tasks include:
- Assisting the pharmacist prepare medications and distribute them to patients.
- Customer service - answer the phone, greet patients, and check patients out.
- Helping maintain inventory and order new stock.
In general, your goal as an RPh on the Go pharmacist is to get the right medication to patients so you can help them feel better. Every pharmacy is different and so are the expectations of their pharmacists, however, some responsibilities may include:
- Preparing and dispensing medication - whether it be counting out pills or measuring liquids into proper containers.
- Working with insurance companies and patients to determine coverage and substitutions if needed.
- Answering patient questions about their medications, including medication instructions, possible side effects, and more.
- Tracking inventory of the store’s medications and healthcare supplies.
- Following the guidelines and procedures outlined by state and federal regulations. Including correct storage of medications, disposing of expired medication, and checking IDs.
- Administer vaccines, such as the Flu vaccine.
Retail Pharmacy Job Outlook & Salary
Typically, retail pharmacists make a salary higher than other pharmacy professionals, but it varies greatly depending on the city and state of the pharmacy.
Retail pharmacy techs’ salaries vary greatly depending on the pharmacy that they are working for. Employment of pharmacy techs is projected to grow about 4% through the next 10 years.
Looking for a full-time retail pharmacy job, or are you searching for just a few shifts here and there? Whatever you’re looking for, RPh on the Go can find you the career, the benefits, the flexibility, and the freedom you’re looking for in your job. We have retail pharmacy jobs in small corner pharmacies and large retail chains. No matter what you are looking for, we have a retail pharmacy job for you.
Amazing things are in store – search our retail pharmacy jobs now!Read Less
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Travel Pharmacist Outpatient North Dakota,
Come work with Yvette on this travel position for an outpatient pharmacist to work a contract position. This job is in a rural area in far western North Dakota and will require a commitment of 13 weeks to be considered. This is a travel assignment.
- Current, clear North Dakota pharmacist license
- 1 year or more current outpatient, retail or clinic pharmacist work experience
- Excellent customer service and care abilities
- Ability to be away from home and working on-site at this rural, western North Dakota location for 13 weeks or more
- Monday - Friday
- 8:00am - 5:00pm
- 40 hours per week, full time
- Food stipend
- Travel assistance
- Weekly pay
- Complete health benefits during assignment
Apply today for this I.H.S. pharmacist position in North Dakota by submitting your resume to Yvette.Sonera@rphonthego.com or call me at 847-779-6132 for more information