Travel Hospital Staff Pharmacist Temp to Perm in Nome Alaska
Travel Hospital Pharmacist Temp to Perm in Nome. Alaska
A hospital in Nome Alaska is seeking an inpatient hospital pharmacist for a 13 week plus assignment. This could lead to a permeant position for the right person. On site housing is provided.
- order verification
- sterile compounding and verification
- clinic inspections
- work at different pharmacies throughout hospital
- Work is conducted in a standard clinical environment to include exposure to latex, biohazard or other harmful substances.
- Share responsibility for all clinical pharmacy services provided by the pharmacy.
- clinic inspections, community health aide support.
- Share an equal responsibility for drug therapy outcomes by working closely with physicians on medication selection and usage
- Participate in the formulary review process, monitor drug usage and cost effectiveness, and adhere to current practice standards
- Share preceptor responsibility for pharmacy students, provide staff education, and serve on P&T and other committees when appropriate
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- active and clear pharmacist license
- inpatient experience
2 year(s) Preferred or 1 year of post graduate residencyworking as a Pharmacist or pharmacist intern, preferably in a hospital setting
Moderate travel is required (between 25% and 50% of the time)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled