Travel Inpatient/Outpatient Pharmacist Nome, Alaska
RPh on the Go is a renowned pharmacy staffing agency that specializes in connecting skilled pharmacists with diverse healthcare settings across the United States. We are currently seeking a dedicated and experienced Travel Pharmacist for a unique opportunity in Nome, Alaska.
As a Travel Pharmacist with RPh on the Go, you will embark on an extraordinary career adventure. This position offers and exciting opportunity to provide pharmaceutical services on a temporary to possible permanent basis in a challenging and rewarding environment, while enjoying the unique culture and natural beauty of Nome.
- Order verification
- Sterile compounding and verification
- Clinic inspections
- Work at different pharmacies throughout hospital
- Work is conducted in a standard clinical environment to include exposure to latex, biohazard or other harmful substances.
- Share responsibility for all clinical pharmacy services provided by the pharmacy, to include, but not limited to,
- Acute Care Pharmacy: order verification; monitor drug therapies and patient labs, sterile product compounding and oversight, provide drug information to nurses and physicians, counsel patients on their discharge medications, renal dose adjustments based on protocol.
- Primary Care Pharmacy: provide drug information to nurses and physicians in the primary care center, proactive chart reviews, pharmacist refill authorization per protocol, anticoagulation services, adult and pediatric vaccinations.
- Quyanna Care Center (Long Term Care): chart reviews, medication consultations, prescription preparations and medisets.
- Outpatient Pharmacy: prescription entry, fill and verification; patient counseling; adult and pediatric vaccinations.
- Village Health Services: prescription entry, Pickpoint optimization and expiration, village clinic inspections, community health aide support.
- Share an equal responsibility for drug therapy outcomes by working closely with physicians on medication selection and usage.
- Participate in the formulary review process, monitor drug usage and cost effectiveness, and adhere to current practice standards.
- Share preceptor responsibility for pharmacy students, provide staff education, and serve on P&T and other committees when appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Active and clear pharmacist license in any state
- Inpatient experience
- 2 year(s) Preferred or 1 year of post graduate residency
working as a Pharmacist or pharmacist intern, preferably in a hospital setting
- Moderate travel is required (between 25% and 50% of the time)
If you or someone you know are interested in expanding your pharmaceutical career, we invite you to apply! Please apply below or submit your resume to Mariyah Easterly at [email protected] for consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled