You provide quality service to the patients who need you most, working with their doctors and insurance companies to ensure they receive the medication they need. RPh on the Go’s selection of retail pharmacy jobs offers you many options – helping you find the right fit for your career needs.
What is Retail Pharmacy?
A retail pharmacy is simply a pharmacy that provides medications to the general public. Patients and their families can pick up prescribed medications, over-the-counter drugs, and sometimes other miscellaneous household items at a retail pharmacy. A pharmacy within a hospital or long term care facility are not considered retail.
Retail Pharmacy Job Types: Technicians & Pharmacists
In a retail pharmacy setting, there are two roles, pharmacy technicians and pharmacists. Retail pharmacy technician and pharmacist jobs at RPh on the Go require certain responsibilities. You are trusted to perform a wide range of duties, all revolving around patient safety and satisfaction.
Retail Pharmacy Technician Job Description
Retail pharmacy technician’s tasks vary greatly depending on the pharmacy. In general, your job is to assist the pharmacist and to work with patients on their needs. Other tasks include:
- Assisting the pharmacist prepare medications and distribute them to patients.
- Customer service - answer the phone, greet patients, and check patients out.
- Helping maintain inventory and order new stock.
In general, your goal as an RPh on the Go pharmacist is to get the right medication to patients so you can help them feel better. Every pharmacy is different and so are the expectations of their pharmacists, however, some responsibilities may include:
- Preparing and dispensing medication - whether it be counting out pills or measuring liquids into proper containers.
- Working with insurance companies and patients to determine coverage and substitutions if needed.
- Answering patient questions about their medications, including medication instructions, possible side effects, and more.
- Tracking inventory of the store’s medications and healthcare supplies.
- Following the guidelines and procedures outlined by state and federal regulations. Including correct storage of medications, disposing of expired medication, and checking IDs.
- Administer vaccines, such as the Flu vaccine.
Retail Pharmacy Job Outlook & Salary
Typically, retail pharmacists make a salary higher than other pharmacy professionals, but it varies greatly depending on the city and state of the pharmacy.
Retail pharmacy techs’ salaries vary greatly depending on the pharmacy that they are working for. Employment of pharmacy techs is projected to grow about 4% through the next 10 years.
Looking for a full-time retail pharmacy job, or are you searching for just a few shifts here and there? Whatever you’re looking for, RPh on the Go can find you the career, the benefits, the flexibility, and the freedom you’re looking for in your job. We have retail pharmacy jobs in small corner pharmacies and large retail chains. No matter what you are looking for, we have a retail pharmacy job for you.
Amazing things are in store – search our retail pharmacy jobs now!Read Less
PRN Pharmacist Washington, DC
Retail Pharmacist 3 month contract Near Burlington, VT
Retail Pharmacist - St Louis, MO
St Louis, MO
Oklahoma City, OK- Pharmacist Position - Retail
Oklahoma City, OK
Retail Pharmacist- Albans City, VT
St. Albans City, VT
Retail Pharmacist- Albans City, Vermont
St. Albans City, VT
Retail Pharmacist- Wayne, New Jersey
Retail Pharmacist- Wayne, NJ
Rph on the Go is Hiring a Pharmacist- Wayne, New Jersey
Pharmacist- Wayne, New Jersey
Retail Pharmacist - Per Diem - 10/12-10/13 and 10/16-10/17 - Hewitt, TX
Retail Pharmacy Technician Williston VT
Retail Pharmacist -Williston Vermont
Retail Pharmacist Essex Junction, Vermont
Essex Junction, VT
Retail Pharmacist South Burlington, Vermont
South Burlington, VT
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
PRN Pharmacist Washington, DC
Are you a licensed Pharmacist in Washington, D.C., seeking a flexible PRN opportunity in a respected pharmacy? If so, we want you to join our growing team! send your resume to [email protected]
We are currently looking for a Pharmacist with active licenses in Washington, D.C. to provide PRN coverage at our esteemed pharmacy in the heart of Washington, D.C. The ideal candidate should be able to work day shifts, and exhibit flexibility with their schedule, In this role, you will be responsible for typical retail staff duties, including opening and closing the pharmacy.
- Provide exceptional pharmaceutical care to our customers.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Dispense medications accurately and efficiently.
- Counsel patients on proper medication usage.
- Collaborate with healthcare providers to optimize patient outcomes.
- Maintain inventory and order supplies as needed.
- Perform day-to-day pharmacy operations, including opening and closing procedures.
- Utilize Pioneer software (experience is a plus).
- Active Pharmacist licenses in Washington, D.C.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility in scheduling and availability for day shifts.
Strong commitment to patient care and safety.
- Competitive PRN compensation.
- Opportunity to work in a well-respected pharmacy.
- Great work-life balance.
- Join a growing PRN team.
Apply today send your resume to [email protected] or call at 847-779-6132