When is Pharmacy Technician Day 2021
When is National Pharmacy Technician Day 2021?
Pharmacy Technician Day 2021 is a nationally-recognized day to appreciate these critical members of the pharmacy team. Each fall, we have a chance to show them that we care.
National Pharmacy Technician Day happens every year and falls on the third Tuesday in October. In 2021, this day of celebration will be October 19.
National Pharmacy Technician Day History
National Pharmacy Technician Day is rooted in history. Although it is a recently implemented day of thankfulness, regularly occurring since 2015, people have appreciated pharmacy technicians much longer. Thanks to Lindsey Ahrens, who submitted the National Day idea, this event is recognized annually.
Pharmacy technicians have a wide range of roles and responsibilities, all intending to protect the customer. The National Day highlights and recognizes some of these duties, including:
- Providing prescription and over-the-counter medicines to customers while explaining how to take them
- Preparing and filling prescriptions, a crucial task that is the foundation of the pharmacy’s operations
- Verifying correct dosages and medications, ensuring customer safety
- Checking for drug interactions to protect consumers
- Assisting the supervising pharmacist with a number of tasks
- Being the face of the pharmacy, helping customers understand complicated prescriptions and directions
Without the pharmacy technician, a pharmacy would not function. National Pharmacy Technician Day is an attempt to recognize these essential individuals.
Pharmacy Technician Appreciation Day Gifts
What better way to show appreciation to a pharmacy technician than with a gift? Everyone likes to be recognized for their contributions, and pharmacy techs are no different. It truly is the thought that counts and any gift will mean a lot to these special workers.
Free Ways to Celebrate
Free gifts can be worth as much as one that costs a lot. Some of these gifts could be:
- A card: cards can mean so much and can be made with materials you already have at home.
- Homemade Jewelry: you can make a simple necklace or bracelet with beads or other items lying around to show your appreciation.
- Food: cooking up a treat for a pharmacy technician is a sure-fire crowd-pleaser.
- Flowers: you can pick your own wildflowers or search your backyard to make a unique bouquet.
- Video message: create a personalized video for your local pharmacy technician.
- A letter: similar to a card, you can send a message of support and care.
Gifts Under $10
Some gifts you can get a pharmacy technician for under $10:
- Personalized mugs: you should be able to customize a coffee cup for under $10.
- Magnet: put a personal message on a magnet for your favorite pharmacy technician.
- Knit hat: an easy way to keep a pharmacy tech cozy and warm in winter.
- Adult coloring book: therapeutic and creative, a great gift for busy workers.
- Board games: especially miniature versions.
Gifts Under $20
If you can afford a little more, pharmacy technicians are sure to love these gifts you can find for under $20:
- Mini-waffle maker: get it for the pharmacy technician who likes to use the griddle.
- Cold brew coffee maker: pharmacy techs need to perk up, too.
- Wool socks: help keep their feet warm while they relax.
- Candles: you can find a wide range of candles for under $20.
- Puzzles: can be a soothing way to slow down and enjoy time at home.
Interesting Pharmacy Technician Facts
Pharmacy technicians come from all walks of life, and there are many fun and interesting facts about them.
Fun Facts About Pharmacy Technicians
Some fun facts about these essential members of the pharmacy team:
- Agatha Christie, the famous mystery author, was a pharmacy technician during World War 1.
- Benjamin Franklin helped dispense medicines to customers, making him one of the first pharmacist technicians.
- Pepper, the soft drink, was invented by a pharmacy tech. It was designed to smell just like a drugstore.
- Pharmaceutical records, which techs deal with frequently, go back as far as ancient Egypt – as early as 1500 B.C.!
- The job satisfaction rating for pharmacy technicians is a solid 4 out of 5.
- The state with the highest number of pharmacy technicians, with a total of well over 40,000 practitioners? Texas.
- Almost 80% of pharmacy technicians are female.
- The state that pays the highest salaries for pharmacy techs is Washington, followed by Alaska and California.
No matter how you decide to celebrate National Pharmacy Technician Day in 2021, make sure that you recognize these special people!
ProfessionalsHow to Write a Cover Letter for Pharmacy Technician